Covid-19 Update | May 31, 2020
Pastor Mike gave us an update in regard to moving forward through Covid-19 as a church. This update was delivered Sunday, May 31st before his sermon. Check it out in the video below!
- First Baptist Church will open as soon as possible and as safely as possible. We do not want to be reckless, nor do we want to prolong meeting later than we should.
- We do not have a date set for reopening yet.
- A 3-member team of Pastor Mike Willmer, Pastor Scott Frederick, and Church Administrator Lloyd Lamm will meet each Monday morning to monitor progress toward reopening.
- We have experienced an enormous amount of unity both on the elder and staff level, and this should encourage everyone in our church.
- When we do reopen, Sunday morning worship will be the only weekly activity. We want to spend our energy doing this one thing well.
- We are looking to take the opportunity God has given us to re-launch our church, slowly and strategically adding pieces that fall in line with our mission statement, "Glorifying God by making disciples who make disciples."
- We will not be putting on VBS and Sports Camp this year. Logistically there is too much going on just recently coming out of the Yellow phase. VBS and Sports Camp will be coming back next year, Lord willing.
- Our Preschool will not be open in the Fall. We felt it best both at a staff and elder level to suspend this program for the school year 2020-21.
- Now is the time for our church to be united around the gospel and around Christ.