With the increasing developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to take a moment to communicate with our First Baptist family.
We don't know everything about this virus, but we recognize that this is potentially a very serious situation. As such, we are closely monitoring the evolving conditions through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and remaining proactive in our planning. As for our current response to the situation, we must remember that our posture must first be rooted in our identity as followers of Jesus. Our first response should be to put our trust in the Lord, not our earthly bodies. So let's trust God and pray for those affected by the virus, those bringing medical aid to the afflicted, and those stricken by fear.
In addition to this posture, we are also called to be wise and to prepare. As a church we are taking precautions to combat the spread of all viruses, especially the coronavirus.
- The biggest of these preparations is the announcement we will be streaming church online for the next 3 weeks. We are blessed with livestreaming capabilities each week, and in times like these we are thankful. To access our livestream please visit us at https://www.fbcnc.org/livestream. Services will be live each Sunday morning at 11:15am.
- All events over the next 3 weeks will be canceled. Preschool will continue as long as Neshannock School District is open.
- Church activities will resume Sunday, April 5th.
Additionally, we advise the following:
- Get your news from the CDC and official local, state, and federal agencies rather than social media or word of mouth.
- If you or anyone in your house is sick, please let us know so we can pray for you!
- Keep monitoring First Baptist's website and social media platforms for updates regarding specific events or gatherings should we need to shift schedules or cancel.
In times like these we take great solace in the fact that our Shepherd is never thrown by these things. "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)