With the increasing developments regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to take a moment to communicate with our First Baptist family.
We don't know everything about this virus, but we recognize that this is potentially a very serious situation. As such, we are closely monitoring the evolving conditions through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and remaining proactive in our planning. As for our current response to the situation, we must remember that our posture must first be rooted in our identity as followers of Jesus. Our first response should be to put our trust in the Lord, not our earthly bodies. So let's trust God and pray for those affected by the virus, those bringing medical aid to the afflicted, and those stricken by fear.
In addition to this posture, we are also called to be wise and to prepare. As a church we are taking precautions to combat the spread of all viruses, especially the coronavirus.
- The biggest of these preparations is the announcement we will be streaming church online. We are blessed with livestreaming capabilities each week, and in times like these we are thankful. To access our livestream please visit us at https://www.fbcnc.org/livestream. Services will be live each Sunday morning at 11:15am.
- All events for the immediate future will be canceled. Preschool will continue as long as Neshannock School District is open.
Additionally, we advise the following:
- Get your news from the CDC and official local, state, and federal agencies rather than social media or word of mouth.
- If you or anyone in your house is sick, please let us know so we can pray for you!
- Keep monitoring First Baptist's website and social media platforms for updates regarding specific events or gatherings should we need to shift schedules or cancel.
In times like these we take great solace in the fact that our Shepherd is never thrown by these things. "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7)
We initially made this change for a 3-week period. However, it is clear we will not be meeting as a church physically for the immediate future. We wish we could provide dates, but due to the nature of this virus we are calling this suspension indefinite. To be as clear as possible: we are not resuming church activities on April 5th as previously stated. Please continue to check for updates either on social media or our site. Know we are praying for you and your families during these trying times!
Pastor Mike gave us an update in regard to moving forward through Covid-19 as a church. This update was delivered Sunday, May 17th before his sermon. Check it out in the video below!
- Select staff will be coming into the office on a rotational basis.
- The church office will remain closed until further notice, so please do not show up unannounced. All staff are available via email.
- We are in no rush to reopen. We desire to lead with conviction, being good neighbors in the community God has placed us.
- We will not consider reopening until we have moved into Governor Wolf's "Green" Phase.
- Please pray for wisdom for your elders and staff!