July 5, 2020
All DayCategory: Special Event
We are so very excited that the time is finally here. On July 5th, 2020 we will have services at First Baptist for the first time since March 8th. We are so excited to see everyone, but these will certainly not be "services as usual." Below we have the phases we will be moving in, a list of precautions we are taking, directions on how to sign up for services, and some things we are asking of each of you to help others enjoy this momentous day.
While we are thankful for the ability to worship together, we do recognize not everyone will be comfortable worshipping at a physical location. We encourage you to continue to attend online if you or a family member does not feel well, or if you’re just not ready to attend church physically yet. We are thankful for your participation no matter how you choose to attend!
Precautions Being Taken for your Safety
- We will be taking each person's temperature as they enter our building.
- We will be directing everyone to the same entrance. This entrance will be the front main entrance. This will allow us to better control the inflow of people to the building.
- We will be requiring everyone to wear a mask. For the 8:30 service, masks will be worn the entire time. For the other services, masks can be taken off during the sermon.
- For at least the first four weeks we will have a company come in to spray surfaces between each service.
- We will have hand sanitizer available at the end of each pew for you and your family.
Signing Up for Services
- We are requiring you to sign up for services. We know this isn't ideal, but we believe it is the best way to safely worship together as a church family. If we use a sign-up we can monitor the amount of people in the worship center, ensuring your safety.
- Our services will be at 8:30am and 10:30am
- To sign up online, please visit one of the links below.
- To sign up over the phone, please call our church office at (724) 658-2507. One of our office workers would be happy to get you registered!
Loving Our Neighbors
- In light of love for our neighbors, we are asking you to do a few things in preparation for worship on July 5th. We know many of these are inconvenient, but we are never more like Christ than when we lay down our rights for others.
- On Sunday Morning please come to the front main entrance. This will be the only entrance in use.
- Please show up early. We will be taking each person's temperature and directing them to their seat. This shouldn't take long, but our goal is to get everyone seated before the service begins.
- If you have your own mask, please consider bringing it as this will help things move quicker.
- Please maintain social distancing
- Please comply to directives by those in leadership. This will require flexibility for all of us. Know that you may not be able to sit where you might prefer or be as open with people as you might like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are other church ministries now active as well?
No, we are only offering Sunday morning worship until further notice.
What time should I show up to church?
We are encouraging everyone to come early. We recommend allotting 15 minutes before you would normally arrive at church. We are taking temperatures and directing families to their seating areas, so this will take longer than usual.
Do I have to wear a mask the whole time?
It depends on what service you attend. If you are at our 8:30am service, the answer is yes. This service is for our at-risk friends. During our other services, masks are still required but are allowed to be taken off during the message.
What if I don't feel comfortable coming to church yet?
We understand and sympathize with those who are not ready. Our livestream will still be active as we come back to church. Find it here. If you have a strong desire to come back, we recommend our 8:30 service for friends at a higher risk.
Why do I have to sign up? Can't I just show up?
In order to ensure your safety, you must sign up to tell us you're coming. This is to ensure one of our services isn't overcrowded while the others are undercrowded.
How do I sign up?
To sign up online, please visit one of the links below:
To sign up over the phone, please call our church office at (724) 658-2507